Friday, November 30, 2012

Sister of the Week: Monika Haebich


Name: Monika Haebich
Hometown: Melville, New York
School/Major/Minor: College/ English / Spanish
Pledge class / Positions in SK: PC 2012
Lineage name: The Lone Rangers
Campus / extracurricular positions and activities: Head Style Guru /
Marketing Intern / Social Media Intern for CollegeFashionista, Blog
Editor for HerCampus, Layout Team for The Walk, Ski Team, Photography
Club

1. So you're the head style guru at Penn for College Fashionista. What
does that job entail?
In addition to writing for the website, one part of being the Head
Style Guru for Penn is meeting with Amy, the founder of
CollegeFashionista, and the other Head Style Gurus once a month to
chat about ways to improve CollegeFashionista. I also get to tweet
from the @CFUpenn Twitter, which is a lot of fun.

2. What would your dream job be in fashion?
I would love to work as the editor of a magazine!

3. What designer would you like to see come out with SK apparel, a la
Lily Pulitzer?
Most of my favorite designers probably wouldn't translate well into
sorority apparel, but I think Rag & Bone or Rachel Zoe SK apparel
would be amazing! (fingers crossed it can happen one day)

4. What’s your best SK memory from the past year?
I was such a huge fan of the Mom's Weekend! Although my mom couldn't
make it, it was great to see how alike the mothers and daughters are.

5. What would you say makes you a Sigma Kappa?
I can be whoever I want to be as a Sigma Kappa! Although a lot of the
girls are so different, we are such a tight-knit and supportive group
of girls. I know I can always count on my sisters for anything! SKL!
Monika (center) with Pledge Class '12 sisters (from left) Gabby, Christine, Becky, and Sophia

Monika on bid night!

Monika with her lineage. the Lone Rangers

Monika posing with SK sisters

With a big group of Sigma Kappas at last year's awesome Wing Bowl event!

No comments:

Post a Comment