Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Congrats to SK Marathon Runners!

This past Sunday, 9/18, SK sisters Julianne Parker, Julianne Mele, Megan Soisson, and Jaclyn Chen participated in the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Philadelphia. The girls ran a total of 13.1 miles through downtown Philadelphia and out towards the suburbs along the Schuylkill River.

Senior Julianne Parker recounts her experience:
It was my first half marathon, and I really enjoyed it.  Originally I did it to say I finished one, but around mile four I started to have a lot of fun.  Running with 20,000 other people and thousands of fans was like nothing I’ve ever experienced. Crossing the finish line was definitely the highlight of the day. The last tenth of a mile was a steep incline, but it made crossing the finish line that much sweeter. I look forward to doing it again next year.
Jaclyn and Julianne (Parker) at the starting line.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are incredible!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete