Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sister of the Week: Liz Slivjak

This week's Sister of the Week is Liz Slivjak, a junior History and Psychology major who is native to Philadelphia and who was recently named VP of Scholarship on our Executive Board! She's a member of the Bunnies, one of SK's biggest lineages, and outside of the sorority she's extremely active in Penn Singers and has been in a number of shows over the last few years. We asked Liz a few questions.


So you’re a part of Penn Singers. What’s your favorite role you’ve had so far?
My favorite role so far has to be Mrs. Meers from Thoroughly Modern Millie, a part that I played while still in high school.  She’s the villain of the show, which was interesting because that’s so not a role I normally play!

What would be your dream role to play in a theater production?
I would love to perform in Les Miserables, and my dream role from that show would have to be Eponine.  Her solos are so gorgeous!

You got a new little little at this weekend’s Reveal Night. Tell us a story about your lineage.
One of my favorite memories of my lineage has to be at Sisterhood Retreat (’11).  My little and I ended up winning the water balloon contest, even though we’re both extremely uncoordinated and terrible at sports!  For our prize, we got treated to a dinner at Lolita – so tasty!

What were you for Halloweekend this year?
I dressed as a few of the Halloween classics – a sailor, a cowgirl, and a French maid.

What’s your best SK memory from the past year? 
My best SK memory would have to be Reveal 2011!  My little, Marissa Seto, planned such an amazing Mystery Week for our newest Bunny, Alyssa Bonnell!  To top it off, we welcomed Alyssa into the lineage at the SK house and then at dinner at Salento’s Restaurant.  Such a great night with all of the Bunnies!  

What would you say makes you a Sigma Kappa?
I think that what makes me a Sigma Kappa is the love that I have for my sisters and the pride that I feel when I see our letters!  It’s such an amazing feeling to see SK gear all over campus and to know that I get to be a part of something so special.  SK sisters are unique in that we are such a tight-knit but diverse group.  Despite many differences in activities and interests, I know that I can always turn to my SK sisters for support and fun!

Liz with the Bunnies on her little Marissa's Reveal Night!

Liz with Carolyn, Danica, Khrystyna, and Stefania at last year's formal.

Liz with her little Marissa at a Penn Basketball game!

Liz with Michele at last year's Winter Formal.

With a bunch of SKs during fling last year! From left, Kate,
Megan, Maggie, Liz, Ellen, Avery, and Sarah!

5 comments:

  1. Liz is an amazing choice for Sister of the Week! She's amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Liz! You're inspirational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on VP Scholarship lovie!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh. My big is such a superstar. Liz you're such an inspiration and awesome person. loooove you!!!

    ReplyDelete