Tuesday, November 15, 2011

SK Abroad: Avery Franzblau

Hi everyone!

I'm Avery Franzblau, a junior math major. I'm in London for the semester with one of my best friends in SK, Kate Onorato, whom I also live with at Penn. So far, it has truly been the most amazing semester! It seems that in the UK, people don't really attend school... and the classes are easier than at Penn. This has left Kate and I with tons of time to travel. We have been all over Europe, and we see our Sigma Kappa sisters wherever we go. So far, the best experience I've had here was Oktoberfest, which is basically the adult version of Disney World. The pretzels really rivaled the ones at Wawa. In a few weeks, I'm going to Monte Carlo with my SK Sisters Kate, Sarah and Becky for a few days of glitz and glamour that might just top Oktoberfest!

At first I was disappointed to learn that I would be turning 21 in the UK. Luckily, my birthday happens to coincide perfectly with this year's Thanksgiving break, and another one of my good friends and housemates in SK, Megan, is flying all the way to London to celebrate. I'm counting down the days until we all get to explore this awesome city together.

[Blog editor note: Their other housemate Maggie (aka me) also really misses Avery & co. and can't wait for them to be back on this continent!]

Becky, Kate, Sarah, and I at Oktoberfest!

Kate and I with our brand new vespa :-)

Kate, Becky, our friend Henry, and myself the Ice Bar/Restaurant in London!

On our way to a "football" game!

Touring Greece with Becky and Kate!

4 comments:

  1. COME BACKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

    but like really. come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, LOLed at the Wawa pretzels thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahem. i too am actually in london so i'm hurt. also way to cave ave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you guys have really made a ton of new friends! oh, wait. jk miss you all lots

    ReplyDelete